Saturday, March 15, 2008

Iron Chef

Lets just say I love eating that's why I also like watching cooking shows. I was just influenced by my best buddy to watch iron chef. Every time we had our meal on breakfast we make sure our eyes are also stuck at this cooking show on youtube. Felt like eating with a gourmet even if theres only "tuyo" (dried salted fish) on our meal. ahihi:).


I cant forget Chef Morimoto and Bobby Flay's battle in New York. Because of time constraint chef Morimoto was unable to finish all his prepared dish making Bobby flay stand on the chopping board raised his hand as if he already won. I noticed that all the judges were Americans and I was uncertain if Morimoto will win. But judgment calls for the one who deserves it. Morimoto still is the Iron Chef.

I admire Japanese in their discipline and great respect on their work. It was indeed a good fight. At the end you'll be judged not just to your finished product but how you perform in finishing it. I just smiled when someone commented "how would you eat in someones restaurant if your unsure he didn't stepped on his chopping board before he cooks". Maybe it was very overwhelming for him but you cant blame people to make such comments. Next time if you'll be in national tv, take an extra care.

1 comment:

Liz said...

hey gheian! thanks for dropping by ^_^ i bought some of my herbs in tagaytay, yung mga 3 for 100 lang yun. the others i got from shopwise. kami rin wala namang garden sa pots lang talaga, my mom takes care of them ^_^.

happy sunday!